Friday 12 July 2013

National Disgrace: How I was attacked – Chinda

One of those wounded in the crisis 
 

Ok! I want to belief by now, virtually all of you have seen the video of that mayhem that occurred in the Rivers State House of Assembly earlier in the week, click here if you have not, Hon Michael Chinda is one of the five legislators opposed to Governor Amaechi who suffered several bruises during the fracas has spoken of his experience.
He said:
”Rivers state House of Assembly elected a new Speaker Hon. Evans Bipi and the old Hon. Daniel Amachree was impeached and everything concerning the enthronement of the new speaker was concluded. As we were  about to leave the  place, the governor broke into our chambers.
Governor Rotimi Amaechi led the group. They came into the chamber and started beating everybody.
“For my case, I have to be very specific. I was about leaving; I never knew that Chidi Lloyd,  very close to me in the House. I was misled by closeness with him. I never had any idea that he could be so brutal to use such a weapon on me.
“My colleagues rushed me to this Saint Patrick Hospital in the pool of blood and I have been here since yesterday.
“If you look at my records from the very day we were inaugurated by the governor of Rivers State, I have never insulted the governor. I hold the office of the Governor of Rivers State in very high esteem and I won’t have gone closer to the governor. I didn’t even go close to the governor because we respect the governor.
Until Chidi Lloyd and the policemen came and did what they did. Only God will judge. Why will I do that. Why will I insult the governor? I can never do that. If anybody said I did such a thing the person is not being fair to me. We formed a quorum, the normal number required to impeach a Speaker.”

 

No comments: