Monday, 1 July 2013

What to Do When You Relocate, Jega Advises Nigerian Voters

The chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Attahiru Jega has said that all registered voters must vote at the point where they have registered. Mr Jega disclosed this in response to a question tweeted-in by a lady who was watching the live programme on Channels Television from Abuja. However, when a voter relocates, Mr Jega said "the electoral act clearly specifies what to do. You can change or transfer your registration status. All she needs to do in her case is to apply to the Resident Electoral Commissioner in the FCT giving all the necessary information why she has moved, what were the details of her previous registration, what was her polling unit and where is she now located. "Once she does that application and it is verified, her details will be transferred to her new place and then we will issue her a permanent voter card in the new place."

But, my question is this, can that actually work in Nigeria? How many people actually care that enough even to vote?, Pls, let's address first thing first, HUNGER FULL GROUND, PEOPLE DEY DIE EVERYDAY AT THEIR PRIME.

No comments: