Tuesday 11 June 2013

Was I Really Dreaming?

-->
Before going to bed, I had to eat something. I opened the fridge and yes, all the things in my fridge had turned to block; the light had been on for 8 years without going off. I finished eating and went to bed. Oh I have to reduce the speed of this fan, the voltage is so high. 
I woke up very early in the morning to the sound of classical music. I casually strolled into the bathroom. Oh! the cold is too much this morning, I turned on the hot-water tap. While towelling myself dry, I turned on the radio and heard the presenter speaking of how Nigeria is now one of the most developed countries in the world and how the Nigerian president yesterday declared his asset and all he had to boast of was N20 million naira and a duplex in his village. I finished dressing up and took my time to eat. I had no reason to rush, afterall the road is always free and there are no potholes. 
On the way, I saw a few policemen patrolling and I greeted them. I stopped to chat with them for a few minutes after which I drove off laughing. 
In my workplace, I saw some people loitering in the waiting room and discovered they were here to be interviewed. I saw the son of the permanent secretary. I also saw a young man with tattered shoes and patched-up trouser; he graduated recently from one of the government universities, but everyone could testify to the fact that he's brilliant.
While going home that day, I saw the man with the tattered shoes smiling and I asked him why. "Sir, I've been given the job." "What! What of the Permanent secretary's son, didn't his father call beforehand? "No" the man said, "He didn't". That evening, I went out to play in the neighborhood, I saw Adamu and Obinna discussing the recent trend in the country, of how Mallam Danjuma is now the governor of Rivers state, Senator Abifarin Oluwafemi is now the governor in Borno state, Mr Chijioke Godffrey is now the governor of Oyo state. 
Then I had a Mosquito bite on my nose, as I slapped my face. I woke up realized that I took large dose of cough syrup...Chai!!! 
 
NIGERIA OF MY DREAM!!!

No comments: